Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

#tacoloveslox---The proposal

Prop 11



Happy June Ya'll! This just so happens to be one of my favorite months! Why do you ask? Because on June 11th 2016 Cory proposed and June 30th 2018 I married my favorite person. So yeah I would say June has my heart. Since I started this blog after I got married I thought it would be fun to do a #tacoloveslox(our not very used#)series and go through the wedding process. PLUS it gives me a chance to relive my favorite moments. Lets kick this off with the proposal!

I HAD NO IDEA! When I say I was surprised I was like truly surprised. Of course I dropped hints of what kind of ring I would want and we talked about our future but we never discussed when we would get engaged. Any who, my sweet, sweet husband planned this whole proposal with one of his good friends and they named it Prop 11. 





One of my best friends and her boyfriend (now fiance) were in town and wanted to go to the blues fest in the city. Nothing strange about that. So we went to the fest but it was kinda boring so we walked up and down the street and stopped at the architectural museum and spent like 20 minutes in the drake hotel. Still I was not phased by any of this because I was just down to be walking around the city...Little did I know that they were stalling because the bridge that Cory had planned to have my siblings and their s/o's , his sister, and all my closest friends along with their s/o's  Holding a will you marry me sign(so sweet right). After all the sight seeing stalling we ended up in the Nichols garden. Cory stopped and I didn't know why and he said something about his foot so I thought he had a blister and I gave him a bandaid haha He then pointed me to the direction of where all the people I love were standing and holding a sign. To me it read "will you marry me" Well there was no way in my mind that it was for me so I told Cory that we should move because someone was getting proposed to and I didn't want to ruin their pictures. In my defense I wasn't expecting to see all my people and they were kinda far.. all I knew is that I didn't want to ruin someones proposal!




Before I knew it Cory was down on one knee. The proposal was for me! I was in shock.. there were so many emotions, all the good kind :) He did have a whole speech..that he later told me that he had practiced but all I remember is him telling me I love you, I want to make a life together, and will you marry me. I said YES! 


Yeah thats my happy cry face.. I love the people clapping in the back ha!

THEN I realized all my favorite people were there to congratulate us and it was amazing. I had always envisioned a private proposal but these were people I love and I truly loved having them there! It was just the best feeling to celebrate with people you love. After we calmed down we headed back to the burbs where my parents and Cory's parents were waiting to celebrate us and hosted a little engagement party. This is easily one of the best days of my life, one of those moments you hope you never forget. 


For your pleasure (and mine) Here is a video of the proposal with my sister in laws commentary. ENJOY!





For each post of this series I want to add one piece of advice that will hopefully be helpful. Or at least what I wish I would've known.

My dose of wisdom: If you were just recently engaged or you are engaged enjoy every minute of it. Don't put/or let others put too much pressure on you to start planning right away. This is such a special time so sit back relax and ride the happiness wave. 







xoxo

A




3 comments: