Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2022

An open letter to 2021

Dear 2021,

You were heavy. You took A LOT. You gave some back. You pushed. You Challenged. You knocked us hard. You brought light. You brought strength. You brought us closer. I don't think words can ever suffice and describe all that we felt in 2021. When thinking back on everything we have been through its a tidal wave of emotions. What I have learned is that grief and joy are harmonious. We miss our girl but we find joy in the time we had with her and blessed that we were chosen to be her parents. I know Winnie would want us to find joy, after she passed a song kept coming to me. I saw it on all social media platforms and even played on a commercial until finally I sat down and listened to it. AND the song went right to my heart, it felt like our Winn was talking to me. The song is "We'll meet again" by Johnny Cash. Now anytime we hear the song we feel closer to our girl. When parents go through infant loss, what we learned from our grief group is that often times parents have a symbol that reminds them of their baby, like a butterfly or flower. For us, the sun represents our Winnie. So if you ever find something with the sun or its shinning extra brightly please share it with us. It was hard to move into the new year because it felt like we would be leaving Winnie behind but what I have learned is that we take her with us and as long as we continue to talk about her and honor her she will never be left behind. Winnie you brought so much happiness into our lives and I have never seen a more perfect baby. We miss you and we love you. Winnie brought so much love and gratitude to our lives, she also touched so many other lives. We were able to grow amongst pain and chaos and we really had an amazing circle who rallied around us. For that, I will be forever grateful. Cory and I were able to grow closer and stronger than ever, I couldn't ask for a better partner. For me, I was able to grow more in a my faith and I do believe God has a bigger plan for us. Already, I feel by sharing our stories we make it easier for others to share theirs. Maybe thats Gods plan for us or maybe its not but we will continue to share our story in the hope that it could help others who experience infancy loss. As we move into the new year we will continue to share and honor our girl. 2021 you took but you also gave. We will forever be grateful that we are Winnies parents and that we got to hold and love on our girl. "But I know we'll meet again some sunny day".  Goodbye 2021, we are carrying our memories in our hearts with us into 2022.

xoxo,

A


Now please enjoy photos that make me smile from our 2021 with Winifred!
























   



No comments:

Post a Comment