Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

#tacoloveslox-- Our Vision

So I meant to finish all my #tacoloveslox series before our 1 year anniversary but life just got in the way so here we are.  ENJOY

Venue

We went and saw a bunch of venues. We knew we wanted something unique. So we saw everything from mansions, barns,  banquets, and breweries. We were really close to a destination wedding because nothing spoke to us. Before the last venue we checked out we both were in agreement that if we didn't like it then we would have a destination wedding. Lehmann Mansion was everything we wanted. ✅ceremony space outside  ✅unique vibe ✅  nice spacious indoor reception space


Love the chandeliers

Isn't is dreamy?! I would get married all over again if I could.
After we found the venue then everything kinda came into place and I knew what theme/decor I wanted to go with. Since it was a mansion and Im Gatsby obsessed we went with a Gatsby/art deco/ greenery theme. Basically two of my favorite things Gatsby and boho.

Ceremony

 Okay we had the venue next was to figure out the ceremony.. Cory is Jewish and I am Christian  so we had to find a Rabbi and a Pastor that would be willing to do an interfaith marriage. We did end up finding a Rabbi and when he met with us he made us really comfortable in that he emphasized that his was our wedding and could add or take away anything from the Jewish ceremony. He went through the whole traditional jewish ceremony and asked our thought on what we wanted. He was so helpful through out the whole process and explained all the meanings behind the ceremony parts. Next, we had to find a pastor, My uncle happens to be a pastor and so I asked him if he would officiate with the Rabbi. He said he would and then we went over to his and my aunts home where they did some pre marital counseling with us. We rocked it :). He also explained the ceremony the meanings and what we could choose to make it more us. We chose some bible verses that spoke to us and our relationship. After meeting with both officiates Cory and I came up with a draft of our ceremony and which parts each religion would take. It felt like a lot of work but it was fun being able to pick and chose and create a ceremony with both of our religions.


We were under a little arch that kinda served as a Chuppah
For such a hot day this picture gives me a sense of calming.

Reception

We had cocktail hour inside which was awesome because it was so hot out! And then everyone head to the tent attached to the mansion for the reception. The room was decorated Gatsbyish ( I will share more decor in the next post). Our Goal was really to make sure everyone knew how much we appreciated them being there and everyone having a good time! 







Wedding planning can be overwhelming. My husband and I had a code word when we got too overwhelmed : PINEAPPLE ( feel free to use it :))

My Wisdom for this post is to really just tackle one thing at a time, otherwise it can be crippling thinking of everything that has to be done at once! Also, I used the knot planning book and the timeline checklist inside. I promise everything will come together!


xoxo

A




2 comments:

  1. Code word=genius. GENIUS. This was the best day. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best! Can't wait to celebrate your best day :) <3

    ReplyDelete