Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2019

#tacoloveslox-- The details

NOW we get to the fun stuff! I loved finding little details and decor that went along with our theme. Especially since I was able to really hone in on the 20s and let my inner flapper out. This was probably one of my favorite parts of wedding planning.

Lets start at the beginning, INVITES. So invites were one of the things that we didn't mind saving money on. We knew gold would be incorporated with our colors. We made our invites through and online company and we loved how they turned out.



NEXT,  was the flowers. As I mentioned in our vision post, I wanted to have more greenery rather then flowers and I wanted white flowers. I wanted the feel to be boho and elegant. For my bridesmaids I went with some eucalyptus and baby's breath. For my bouquet I wanted eucalyptus with some baby's breath and white roses. 

Bridesmaid dresses- I knew I wanted the dresses to go with the theme. I love neutral so as soon as I found these Adrianna Papell dresses I knew they were perfect. I picked out three dresses and gave my bridesmaids the option of which one they would want to wear. They are champagne colored (duh, champagne) and had beading in a art deco design. For my flower girls I found gold sequin dresses, they were adorable. Not to toot my own horn but still obsessed with how my tribe looked.

My Dress -- As soon as I tried on my dress I knew it was the one. The lace and little sparkle, I was swoon and knew it was perfect for our mansion wedding. I loved how I felt when I put it on. My advice when looking for a dress would be to try on everything. You never know what you will fall in love with. I never thought I would like a fitting dress but I did!


Cory's Tux and the groomsmen-- For Cory we wanted him to stand out from the groomsmen so we decided on a navy blue tux and have the groomsmen in black tuxes. It is a very subtle difference which we liked, oh and we did bow ties :) My hubby looks good!



Table center pieces-- We wanted to do a mix of two different center pieces. I wanted a mix of the Gatsby theme and greenery. First, to capture the greenery I picked bubble bowls that would have baby's breath and eucalyptus and another idea was having 3 different varying sizes of candles and greenery leaves surrounding the center piece. Now for each table I found Gold sequin table runners off amazon, pearl necklaces that would be laying in the center of the table. Lastly, for the table numbers I found different gold picture frames and printed art deco table numbers off of etsy. (etsy was a lot of help and I got to know the fed ex guys pretty well with all the printing I did)


 


Now for little details--



This was our welcome sign. I ordered a custom print off etsy and had it printed at fed ex.


 We had this picture and our first initials by it in the entryway of the mansion.


Instead of the traditional guest book I wanted to be able to see our guest from that night so we had two polaroid cameras and some cute signs and pearl necklaces to add to the pictures ( kind like a photo booth) We provided washi tape and sharpies so our guest could tape their pictures and sign :)



This was a custom made print off etsy again, for people to help find their seats.


As I've mentioned before my brother passed away almost 6 years ago. I couldn't imagine my day without him. I looked up different ways people include loved ones who have passed. I decided to get a pin of my brothers favorite bands logo. I added it to my bouquet so he could be with me right there in my hands. The pin also served as my something blue.



For our favors my dad brought home small dream catchers from Mexico. This made my boho heart happy. My sister and I made labels that said "Thanks for being part of our dream" A&C . My nieces passed out the dream catchers to all of our guest and they had so much fun doing it.




We did a first look and it was the best thing ever. I do not regret doing a first look at all. I loved having that special moment between just the two of us. 

BEST DAY EVER


My last piece of wisdom: Make sure you enjoy your day, it will fly by! I know everyone says it but it is true! Take a step back and just let it all sink in, oh and easy on the champagne. 

xoxo

A

2 comments:

  1. God I love this post!! You did such an amazing job capturing all these details so seamlessly.

    ReplyDelete