Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2019

#tacoloveslox-- YEAR 1

JUNE 30th 2019


I can't believe that I have been married for a year! This year flew by and I'd like to say we knocked it out of the park. Cory and I are really big on teamwork and making sure our decisions are made as a team.  We balance each other out so when one of us is too overwhelmed the other swoops in to offer help. We had some big life moments; we moved into a new apartment, I was accepted into an OT masters program, I had to leave my job due to my class schedule, Cory's starting to learn a different side to his work, bought a car, and we survived it all. It was a year of many firsts as a married couple and living in our own home; like holidays, birthdays, etc. Life is just better together. I love what we're building together and all while talking in movie/tv quotes (yeah, we get it) :)

For our anniversary we wanted to do something a lil different than the norm. We wanted to get tattoos. We thought hard and researched for what to get. We wanted something that would symbolize us. We decided on two triangles which represent strength and unity that sit on our wedding date in roman numerals which is the foundation of our marriage journey. Strength in numbers, two are stronger than one. 
ALSO just in case one of us gets lost ;)
We did the tattoos Saturday night. On Sunday, we started our day with egg in a frames because its our favorite breakfast that cory makes along with mimosas. It was a kinda gloomy day outside which was fine with us because we watched our wedding video (which I tried to upload here but it doesn't want to work) and we watched the unedited footage of the whole day along with speeches and dances. Watching all the footage filled my nostalgic heart. I wish I could go back to that day and relive it all but videos will have to do for now. We also ate (took bites) of our wedding cake that has been in the freezer for a year. Cory was pumped to have all the extra space in the freezer now #adulting. 


After all the nostalgia we traded gifts. We wanted to give each other a letter that looks back on the year.  We loved reading each others letters on our wedding day so we want to keep the tradition going each year. Our tattoos were a gift to each other but we did get each other additional gifts. Cory's gift was actually really sweet. I've worn the same $10 heart ring since high school and I've always told him one day I would upgrade it. Well he upgraded my ring to the Tiffany & Co.'s heart ring. I cried. It was such a thoughtful gift. Since the first year is "paper" I bought an etsy print of the 1 Corinthians quote which was in our ceremony. 


For dinner Cory made a reservation at RPM Steakhouse in the city. It was EVERYTHING! Best meal ever. I asked Cory if we could go there every Sunday. Everything is a la carte. We both got steak dinners with mushrooms and crispy brussel sprouts on the side. For dessert we got homemade donuts which were amazing. They also gave us a complimentary glass of champagne and their famous cotton candy. I highly recommend RPM Steakhouse. They also have a RPM Italian, which I want to try!

My Outfit for the night: I wore the same pearl earrings I wore on our wedding day 💖


Our drinks: Cory- Old Fashioned Me- "The Last Call"





Blessed with a wonderful year and looking forward to the next with my favorite.


xoxo

A



2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite, favorite post ever. I love the gift he gave you—he's the best ugh. Love you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Your comments always make my heart smile. LOVE YOU!

      Delete