Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Thursday thoughts

Read, reflect, and repeat..

HI friends and happy Thursday! Lets take a moment and read that again, "One day you will look back and see that all along you were blooming." I think we can all get caught up on where we are going instead of reflecting and appreciating where we came from. At least I know that I can be so focused on my goal that I forget to "smell the roses". We constantly see people succeeding and I cant help but wonder if other people feel a sense of FOMO like me. Not until I had to look back at my work for the past 4 years did I realize how much I have grown. 

This is me; teary eyed and all holding the book dedicated to me 
This past Tuesday was my last day at the elementary school I've worked at these past four years. Four years may not sound like a lot but I have grown so much. I was challenged more then I could've imagined but came out the other side wiser. I've loved my job and am excited to use my new skill-sets in my next adventure. I will be attending grad school full time for occupational therapy in the fall! This means I am not able to continue working at my school which is very bittersweet. As a tradition the school dedicates a book in honor of a person who worked there. I thought I was handling the goodbyes pretty well until they dedicated I Am Human to me which is a book about empathy. This hit me because my journey throughout the years has been all about accepting others and embracing their differences and workin' with it. I didn't get a chance to read it all but you better believe it is in my amazon cart as we speak. Everyone could learn about empathy so I included the link 👇
https://www.amazon.com/I-Am-Human-Book-Empathy/dp/1419731653/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1LHJYRGVCB4T7&keywords=i+am+human+a+book+on+empathy&qid=1559878042&s=gateway&sprefix=i+am+hum%2Caps%2C165&sr=8-1



I consider myself very grateful to have worked somewhere that makes it so hard to leave. Goodbye Kildeer and thank you for pushing me to bloom all along. 🌻

Have you given yourself time to reflect and see how far you've come? I bet you didn't realize how much you've grown. 

Keep blooming friends!

xoxo

A

2 comments:

  1. Ah, love this (I also love the quote "bloom where you are planted" SO good.). That school was SO lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is a good one too! love that! Thanks Love!!

      Delete