Pages

Monday, August 26, 2019

Im a 90's baby

Well folks happy Monday! 

This weekend was restful and left me recharged for the week ahead. The weekend included a BBQ at my girlfriends Chelsie's place and Sunday we went to the farmers market and just chilled. I start my first masters class tomorrow! I'm feeling excited and super nervous. I am ready to get started though and have a schedule. This past couple weeks I haven't had a set schedule which is nice but also can get boring. I probably should be reading or printing out my syllabi but instead here I am writing and considering making my favorite chocolate chip cookies. I'll save the cookies for the end of the week as a little treat and maybe bring them to a picnic while watching a Queen cover band on Saturday. 

What a minute..what does the title have to do with these ramblings? It doesn't! BUT it does go along with what I'm about to share. Since the air is getting crisp and school is starting, I'm itching to host a themed party with my girlfriends. Around this time last year I threw a retro game night. This was one of my favorite parties of the year. The party was pretty simple and so much fun to put together. 



First // I sent my friends a Facebook invite with Retro game nite spelled out using boggle letter cubes.You could always send an email or hand made card. In the invite I said they could dress retro or comfortably, whatever they want.


Second // I had a 90's game picked out that we would start the night off with. Dream Phone! It was so fun to play and brings out a lil competition with your friends ;)


Third// FOOD! This was so fun! I picked up Twinkies, hostess cupcakes, Chex mix, pigs in a blanket, I made rice Krispie treats, mac n cheese, basically all the food that gives all the nostalgia vibes. Old Fashioneds' were the drink of the night.


Fourth // Decor/ambiance to make it feel retro I used sequin runners and pearls necklaces (I had from my wedding decor). I placed pearl necklaces right at the door so the girls could put them when they walked inside. I also had a polaroid camera that we took some pictures on. Lastly, I made a  Retro Game Night playlist on spotify. Making playlist is one of my favorite things to put together for a party because its so simple yet sets the tone. 



The last picture is supposed to be a boomerang but not sure how that works in a blog! oh well I'll figure it out! I hope this inspires you to do a themed party because they are truly so much fun. Right now I'm in between an ice cream social OR a whiskey and donut night. I'm still on the fence of what kind of themed party I want to host next but until then..Have a great week!!

peaceloverocknroll

xoxo,

A

2 comments:

  1. LOVED this party so much! Pretty soon we'll have to figure out our Friendsgiving date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of my favorites.. love a themed party! YES cant wait for Friendsgiving!

    ReplyDelete