Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Late at night when all the world is sleeping, I stay up...


Raise your hand if you have trouble sleeping🙋🙋 for the past couple of years I have had trouble both falling asleep and staying asleep. I know that my sleeping issues amplify when my own anxiety is high and I am overwhelmed (my brain is just like nope, were going to think about that decision you made in middle school). I do have a few tips that have helped me so I thought I'd share with you lovelies.

I am lucky enough to have friends that care about my lack of sleep and have given me most of the tricks I have for a good nights sleep.




Sweet dreams oil blend // One of my good friends Sammi actually had her friend make me an oil blend to help with sleeping. I love my oil blend so much I use it every night. I love the smell and I do think it has helped me with relaxing and falling asleep. I am not sure what is in the oil blend but I plan to try and find out so I can start making it myself. I apply the oil to the bottoms of my feet, the inside of my wrists, and behind my ears. I've also read that it is good to rub it on the back of your neck and your temples.


Lincy had to sneak in a pic. 


Hot/cold eye-mask // This was also gifted to me by my sweet friend Alex! I love love this mask. I do not use it every night but when I know I am going to have a rough night sleeping this is my go to. All I do is heat it up in the microwave and then place it on my eyes. The warmth helps relax my eyes which in turns helps me feel more ready for sleep. PRO tip: If you put the mask in the fridge or freezer the cooling sensation helps with migraines.

Yoga // I have the most caring friends because my other friend Tina actually sent me this yoga youtube video. This is not an every night thing but when I know I'm going to have a rough time falling asleep this is a great option.




Calm app // I recently started using the calm app and under the meditation button you can pick a 7 days of sleep option. I have done two nights so far and I have felt very very relaxed after using the app. 



Well Rested herbal tea // I got this tea from Trader Joe's. Tea has a way of making me feel warm and fuzzy inside. This herbal tea gets me all cozy and ready for a good nights sleep.  



There are a couple of tricks that I haven't tried yet but thinking about.. The first is setting a consistent schedule before bed i.e. putting my phone away 30 min- 1 hr. before bed and maybe reading before bed instead of t.v. Another trick I'm considering is a weighted blanket. I have heard very mixed reviews. I've heard people say its life changing and others say they do not care for it. 

I hope some of these tips help all of you who struggle with sleep like me.  



P.S. If your didn't realize the title was yet again song lyrics..Enjoy the song of the day by Selena Quintanilla!

Have a great week friends!!


xoxo

A

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I should give you my weighted blanket to try out to see if you like it!

    ReplyDelete